Poor Ellie, the famous Culturapedia Caravan, could be excused for feeling a bit left out this year. Back in the early Spring, Culturapedia became the proud carers of yet another caravan, called Blythe, with a new and challenging project in store.
Blythe is the mailout.co caravan, transformed by Rob into a post office themed way of collecting views, ideas and information from audiences at festivals and other arts events.
We’re very proud of her, she’s lovely and has been on lots of exciting adventures this year. She has been to see audiences and visitors to:
– Manchester Mega Mela, Platt Fields, Manchester
– The London Mela, Gunnersby Park, Hounslow
– Blackburn Festival, Witton Park Blackburn
– The Ballads of the Beasts of Bowland in Stephen Park
– Eat!, a show in another caravan in Blackburn Town Centre,
– Arts Lancashire’s ‘Have Your Say’ event at Burnley Arts Centre
– The BBC Bus in Accrington Town Centre.
The mailout.co caravan has been an action research project. We’ve spent this year working out how best to engage audiences and get them to tell us what they think in a fun, interactive way. We all hate clipboards and questionnaires. We’re still on that journey and are looking for opportunities in 2015 and beyond. We think we may well be visiting the Melas again along with Crawley, Middlesbrough and Preston.
Here is a montage of pictures of Blythe’s 2014 adventures (Click on it to enlarge)